Monday, March 7, 2011

Blood Donation Evangelism

I met my friend "S" while giving blood a while back. I knew that instant God had been telling me to share with her. After giving blood we were both in the waiting room along with her partner and a few other people. As I transitioned through the sound barriers and shared the Good News I found that "S," like so many people, was searching for Jesus. After that I have made it a point to try to stop by her work place (a retail store), with Erin (my wife), to keep connecting with her and sharing with her. Yesterday I ran into her at the store. I asked, "What's new in your life?" She replied, "I started going to church." I asked her what led her to do that and she said, "I started reading the Bible and found out Jesus is a really nice guy." I don't think she's trusted him as Savior and Lord yet but she continued, saying, "I want to start doing jail ministry as well." I was shocked. Obviously God has been working in this precious young woman's heart and obviously He has big plans for her. Erin and I were racing to get home but I was floored. We said goodbye and came home to get the girls dinner but I haven't quit thinking about that conversation since. Jesus tells us the parable of the sower in Mt.13:1-23. Praise God for what He is doing long after that seed was sown. He will make it grow (1 Cor. 3:7) and His Word won't return void (Is.55:11). He is faithful! Do not get discouraged when you don't see "results" in evangelism. Do what Bill Bright said, "take the initiative in the power of the Holy Spirit and then trust the results to God." He'll keep working in that person whether you see the fruit or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment