Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Groaning - March 26th, 2009

Rom.8:23 - “Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.” Just like nature is in a process of decay, longing for its deliverance, so, too, am I. Having been given His Holy Spirit (Jn. 7:37-39), sealed by Him (Eph.1:13, 2 Cor.1:22, 5:5), indwelt by Him (1 Cor.3:16, 6:19) and filled, controlled, empowered and directed by Him (Ez.36:27, Acts 1:8, Eph.5:18, Col.1:28) I now yearn for face to face intimacy with my Father God (1 Cor.13:12). The Holy Spirit is now constantly revealing more and more of my Father’s character and nature to me (1 Cor.2:9-16) in such a way that I am left desiring more fellowship with Him here and now and ultimately a developing hopeful anticipation of leaving this body and earth (Phil.1:21), finally experiencing the completion of my redemption (1 Cor.15:42-44) - the full reunion of an adopted son with his loving Father! I find myself groaning inwardly, increasingly dissatisfied with all this world has to offer and longing to be home. As His Holy Spirit continues daily and constantly revealing the Father’s heart to me I am left progressively desiring fellowship and intimacy with Him and it is in that context of revelation that I am brought to this place of intimacy with God where I cry, “Abba, Father - Daddy!” Rom.8:15.


No comments:

Post a Comment