Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Family - December 12th, 2008

Today I leave for Moldova, Romania and Turkey on this ministry exploration and staff encouragement trip. Leaving Erin and Eliana for 9 days feels about as hard as anything I’ve ever had to do. I’m holding Eliana here right now, reading the Word and praying with her, watching her sleep; her right hand keeps moving up and touching my face. Her face is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. The natural mind can be so anxious, especially mine, and I thank God for that beautiful promise, found in Is.26:3, that my dad quoted to me all through my childhood saying, “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in You.” This is a huge comfort zone for me to cross - leaving my family to further God’s kingdom in this area He’s called me to, through this door He’s opened. Jesus’ promise in Lk.18:29 is so reassuring. My mind is steadfast trusting God because of His promises: Ps.37:25 - He will meet Erin and Eliana’s needs, Ps.102:28 - they will be established in Him and in His presence and Pr.20:7 - they will be blessed by Him. I’m so torn; excited about all God will do yet anxious about leaving Erin and Eliana. Yesterday, my brother Dave called and said, “Nate, God can take care of your family better than you can so trust Him and go do all He has planned for you on this trip.” AMEN! Great encouragement Dave. God, thank you for this opportunity you’ve provided to trust you and to further your kingdom; I leave my family in your hands. I love you Erin, Eliana and Father God more today than ever before. I will live this day for You God, for Your glory and Your Kingdom alone and I will take a stand of integrity for You today, fighting this fight to win it, by faith and in Your Holy Spirit’s power. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment