Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Man of Prayer - December 11th, 2008

In Psalm 109:4, David describes himself as a man of prayer. I pray, quite a bit, and God has been developing me over the years to a place where I am committed to extensive daily prayer. I doubt, however, that I could honestly come anywhere near defining myself as a man of prayer. I am convicted by Samuel’s words in 1 Sam.12:23, saying, “far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you.” I want to be a man of prayer, praying literally continually (1 Thes.5:17), following my Savior’s example (Mk.1:35 and Lk.5:16). It’s been said that prayer is not a part of ministry but the foundation for it; I believe that is true of all of life (and if I truly believe that it will be a priority and priorities always translate into action). Col.4:2 - “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.”


No comments:

Post a Comment