Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Contrast - February 11th, 2009

Rom.7:13 - “Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.” Sweetness is recognized as such because of its contrast with saltiness. Happiness is much more real when sadness has been experienced. Light is shockingly illuminating after I’ve been in the dark. Hope is meaningful only in comparison to hopelessness. Life is meaningful and exciting within the realization of mortality and death. Truth is shown powerful within the context of the meaninglessness of relativism and deception. That being said, the law exists to expose my sin and show me my need for a savior and it accomplishes that by showing me an overwhelming picture of perfection so all imperfection is immediately seen as such. The law is God’s perfect spotlight which floods out the darkness in every corner and crevice of my being.


No comments:

Post a Comment