Friday, November 12, 2010

Veterans Day Evangelism Idea

I meant to get this idea up yesterday but better late than never. The current events at our campus (Westboro BC's protest and the counter march) made yesterday's post, reaching gay and lesbian friends for Christ, a time sensitive post. I meant to get this post up yesterday afternoon but with students over past 10pm it just didn't happen. Anyway, I always like to thank veterans for their service whenever I see them and I'm sure you do to, so whether you are thanking a veteran or talking with someone about veterans day I wanted to post this idea on how to share the gospel. So here it is: next time you're discussing veterans day, veterans' service or thanking a veteran, tell them thank you for giving the ultimate sacrifice by putting your life on the line for my freedom. Then tell them Jn.15:13 says, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." Tell them you're thankful to them for doing that and then ask them if they've ever heard that quote before. If they say no you'll have a good idea they probably don't know Jesus but however they answer, you'll find yourself in the middle of a great conversation about Jesus and an awesome opportunity to share the Good News

Before I finish this out, if you are a veteran I want to say thank you. Your sacrifice and service are why we are here today enjoying the freedoms we enjoy today. Thank you. 

Finally, get more ideas for sharing your faith here and check out the video below!

No comments:

Post a Comment