Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Premeditated Murder - February 23rd, 2009

Rom.7:21-23 - “So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.” The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak (Mk.14:38) and these are in constant conflict with each other so that no matter what I do one side of me is upset (Gal.5:17). That is why my flesh has to die (remember, it can’t be rehabilitated) and that death has to be an issue of focused commitment not passive observation. I can’t just hope for the best - I must be actively involved in the destruction of the worldly self, a premeditated murder of the sinful nature in me, and it is only then that I experience the very life of Christ and power of His resurrection!


No comments:

Post a Comment