Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Praise and Photography - November 30th, 2008

Psalm 106:2 - “Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the LORD or fully declare his praise?” Praise is literally defined as, “declaring God’s character and acts.” That is why it is impossible to fully declare His praise; His character and acts are too magnificent to be adequately described and mere words won’t do Him justice just like a photograph, although beautiful, never quite captures the true beauty of its subject. I want to become better and better at declaring His praise and articulating His character and acts, just as a photographer gets better and better at capturing the beauty of nature in His pictures, so that I can point to Him in such a way that He is truly glorified (remember His glory is His character and acts so praise is actually glorifying Him). The only way a photographer gets better at capturing true beauty in His pictures is by taking pictures over and over; likewise, the only way I get better at making His goodness known is by constantly sharing with all those around me (Ps.34:1, 71:14) in each and every opportunity God provides (Col.4:5). I want people to see Him the way He desires to be seen in my life, my actions and my words and I want to get better at portraying Him to a world that desperately needs Him, each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment