Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Competent Ministry - December 5th, 2008

2 Corinthians 3:4-6 - “Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant - not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.” Full time ministry is the job of every Christian - we’re just called to that in different settings (offices, oilfields, churches and countless other areas). No matter what your sphere of influence, God has strategically placed you there to win it and those in it for Christ (Acts 17:26). It is that ministry which He has made you competent for and because of Him you can have confidence and boldness in your calling (Pr.28:1). As I abide in Him, drawing near to Him each day, He produces fruit in and through me (Jn.15), and out of that service to Him, I discover the abundant life He promises (Jn.10:10, Rom.12:11). The reason I can have confidence in the ministry He has called me to is that He promises me fruit that will last if I will but abide in Him - in other words, if you just keep your eyes and focus on Him you can’t fail and knowing I can’t fail gives me confidence and security in all He’s called me to. 1 Cor.15:58 - “Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”


No comments:

Post a Comment