Tuesday, June 29, 2010

No Condemnation - February 26th, 2009

Rom.8:1-2 - “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.” The law of the Spirit of life, all that Christ accomplished at Calvary - salvation by grace through faith, took over the second I trusted Christ. At that instant I died to the old me (Rom.6:6-7) and was brought from death to life (Rom.6:13). Eph.2:4-5 describes it this way, “But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved.” Having died, the law of sin and death has been fulfilled (Rom.7:6). I now live freely under the law of the Spirit of life, being transformed by His Spirit (2Cor.3:18) into His likeness (Gal.5:22-23). In this context of life as His son, in His Spirit, there is NO CONDEMNATION; the requirements of the law have been fulfilled in Him. This is so important to grasp: condemnation requires 2 things - 1) that a law be unfulfilled (ie. broken) and 2) that there be an accusation. The law was fulfilled by Christ and then further fulfilled by me, through accepting His payment, dying to myself which was the requirement of the law in the first place. Next, He cancelled the charges against me, the accusation has been erased (Col.2:14). There is nothing left by which condemnation could take place so there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ! The life I now live I live by faith in and through Him (Gal.2:20).


No comments:

Post a Comment