Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It’s all in The Mind - March 2nd, 2009

Rom.8:5-7 - “Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.” It all goes back to my mind. Repentance is a change of thinking, He has given me, and every believer, the very mind and thinking of Christ Himself (1 Cor.2:16) and I am transformed by the renewing of my mind (Rom.12:1-2). My mind is set on what it desires and desires, again, are what temptation, and correspondingly the sin nature, work on (James 1:14-15). In other words, everything goes back to what my mind is set on and what I desire (1 Jn.2:15-17). I recently heard a pastor say, “American Christians aren’t in this condition because they didn’t have enough training; they’re in this condition because this is where they want to be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment