Tuesday, June 29, 2010

God Does Not Believe in Me! - April 3rd, 2009

Rom.8:31 - “What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?” The bottom line is that God initiated the relationship between Himself and each of us (Phil.1:6, Heb.12:1-2); He chose us first (Jn.15:16), He loved us first (1Jn.4:19), He drew us to Himself with His kindness (Rom.2:4), dying for us while we were yet sinners (Rom.5:8). That being said, if He is for me, which He is, how can anyone be against me? “‘No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from Me,’ declares the LORD (Is.54:17).” Sometimes Christians wrongly say, “God believes in me.” That’s insane! He knows my deceitful heart (Jer.17:9) and that I am a sinner that desperately needs Him. He does not believe in me but has the same attitude about me that Paul had about Himself, refusing to put any confidence in himself (Phil.3:3). God does not believe in me, He believes and is confident in Himself and His Holy Spirit in me - He doesn’t believe in me, I must believe in Him. God is faithfully committed to me (2 Tim.2:13), He is patient with me (2 Peter 3:9) and He will never leave me (Heb.13:5). He doesn’t believe in me, but He is for me and since He is for me, no one can be against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment