Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Everything for My Good - March 29th, 2009

Rom.8:28 - “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” God has loved me with an everlasting (Jer.31:3), AGAPE (1 Jn.4:19), unconditional love, serving me and laying down His life for me (Mt.20:28), putting my good above His own. He continues to do that, daily working everything in accordance with my best interest. My best interest involves fulfilling the purpose He created me for so as He works everything for my good He does so in line with what He has called me to and created me for (Jer.29:11, Eph.2:10). That ability to work everything in line with His will is what we call sovereignty. My freedom to choose is not invalidated by His choice (when I married Erin I chose her and she chose me too). His ability to work everything back in accordance with His will regardless of the ways I and others get it off track with our freedoms, makes His sovereignty that much more sovereign. This promise of His working everything for the good of those who love Him is an anchor of hope (Heb.6:19) through every trial I experience (1 Peter 4:19, James 1:2-4). I know that in all these things He is making me into the person He created me to be for the purpose He created me to accomplish - even though trials look and feel a lot like hardships and pain I am confident they’re part of a grander purpose with my best interest and God’s eternal purposes in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment