Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I really hope you have a great Thanksgiving today. Get last week's Thanksgiving God Solution show at the end of this post. Also get 4 Thanksgiving evangelism ideas here. Check out some scripture on Thanksgiving below and remember all these great reasons you have to rejoice today!!! Before reading any further though, take a few minutes to watch the following videos about Thankfulness. I hope they encourage you!!!




Now for that scripture I promised: scripture tells us to Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever (1Ch 16:34), to give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done (1Ch 16:8), to Give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness (Ps.7:17), to Give thanks to him and praise his name (Ps.100:4), to Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever (Ps.106:1), to Give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds (Ps.107:8) and Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! (2 Cor.9:15 referencing GRACE in v. 14). The Psalmist declares, The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song (Ps.28:7), O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever (Ps.30:12), I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation (Ps.118:21), You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God, and I will exalt you (Ps.118:28). Scripture warns that not giving thanks results in becoming futile, foolish and darkened (Rom.1:21) and reminds us to let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father (Col.3:15-17), in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thes 5:18), always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father (Eph. 5:20). Finally, Ps. 69:30 - tells us to Magnify God with thanksgiving. Whatever you're going through, a heart of thanksgiving will magnify His power in your life. 

Well, have a great Thanksgiving!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment