Monday, July 11, 2011

Cambodia Mission Trip

It's been a whirlwind of a summer. Our men's retreat, the GVHA commencement, Crush Fear, St. Louis and Nightvision, in addition to ministry which is constantly happening in one form or another here in Durango, have made this summer busier than most school years. We got home late last night and will be leaving again at 4 in the morning. We've had just enough time to do the laundry and get back in the car (I think we've spent more time away from home the last 2 months than at home). We're leaving tomorrow morning to drive Erin to Denver to meet up with Laura Krokos and the rest of the team heading to Cambodia to work with girls rescued from sex slavery.  They will have briefing for the trip tomorrow and will fly to Cambodia on Wednesday (Erin and my 9th anniversary). They will be working with Agape International Missions, ministering to these precious young girls, sharing real hope in Jesus, the Good News, with them. Erin did a trip similar to this reaching out to girls in Thailand in 2000. They will be gone July 13-22 and need you to be praying for their safety and for their ministry (I also wouldn't mind if you prayed God would help me as I hold down the fort as a stay at home dad the next 2 weeks!).  It will be a great trip and we'll update you as we get updates from the team. I will do the July 24th God Solution show about their trip. For now, check out more on the ministry they will be working with below and keep praying! Thanks!

Update: Get the interview with the team by clicking here. 

2 comments:

  1. That was heartbreaking. I'm praying for the mission going on over there. Wow. I have 3 girls. I can't imagine selling them. Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable isn't it. Thanks for praying Kelly!

    ReplyDelete