Friday, February 11, 2011

I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist

I just finished "I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist." I've given this to people in the past but had never read it myself. It opens with great philosophical arguments, followed by cosmological arguments I've always thought make disbelief in God crazy. They spend time dealing with chemical evolution and biological evolution. They do a really good job with the historicity of the resurrection and authenticity and reliability of the New Testament documents. From there they do a great job supporting and confirming the deity of Christ. Their next argument seemed intellectually weak. They extrapolated that since Jesus is God, the rest of the Bible is God's Word. That is basically the accusation I always hear when we debate atheists - Christians believe Jesus is who he says he is because of God's Word but then they believe the Bible is God's Word because Jesus said so. Circular reasoning. Of course we believe that, just not solely because of that line of reasoning. There are many other great reasons to believe the Bible is God's Word and I think this book would have been a bit better if it included those in more detail (check out the MP3 below for a few of those). The book concludes with a dramatic description of Jesus' crucifixion and a thorough description of the gospel. "I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist" will encourage anyone in their faith and is a great evangelistic tool to give out to non-Christian friends that have never heard a good response to the critics or an intellectual grounding for faith in Christ. I hope you'll read it and share it with others. You can get it here or get the Audible version I listened to here. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment