Monday, October 25, 2010

Hunting!

If you haven't yet seen the last post you really should; it quickly became the most read post we've ever put up - check it out here. Sorry I haven't been writing as often this past week. It is elk hunting season and things around here get pretty crazy this time of year. Nope, I still haven't shot one - that is last year's picture. That brings me to an interesting point. I haven't shot my elk yet but have had some wonderful times in the woods. Over the course of 3 separate mornings I was only yards away from 42 different elk. Some were closer some were further. Some were bulls some were cows. Some were in snow, some were difficult to get into and some we just bumped into. If I had more time I could talk for a while telling you all the stories from the past week of hunting. Here's the analogy. The only reason I have stories is that I was out in the woods. It is the same with evangelism. It is easy to sit around and wish I was as good at sharing my faith as Billy Grahm or Bill Bright or to wish I had the adventures in evangelism that Ray Comfort seems to have all the time. The point is simple; those stories don't happen in a living room in front of the TV. If you will just get in the action you will find yourself having stories to share and getting better at the whole process. That being said, don't give up when you don't see results. I still haven't shot my elk but you had better believe I'll be out there again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment