Thursday, July 15, 2010

Don't be so hard on yourself!

I hope you are having a blast applying the most recent idea for sharing your faith. Asking people how they are doing and then, when they ask you, saying, "better than I deserve." It has been fun but awkward. I can't think of any reason not to respond that way as it is always opening up an opportunity. It didn't have the results I expected when Austin first shared this idea with me - but that is O.K. It is still a great habit to get into. Out of the 3 people I said this to, each of them laughed awkwardly and responded with something like, "Don't be so hard on yourself." We got to share with one of those 3 and it turns out she was a believer. The other 2 were very reluctant to go further. One of those was "M", (you will remember her from a previous story, an application of the grocery store evangelism idea). Anyway, it was a neat and creative conversation starter and I look forward to trying it more often. Did you try it out? Let me know. Share your comments about what happened. I will be posting a new idea for tomorrow soon so keep checking back!

P.S. Need an encouragement about what God is doing and how you can be a part of it? Listen to the message below! I hope that challenges you as you take a step of faith today!

No comments:

Post a Comment