Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Obama - November 5th, 2008

Well, I didn’t want to miss the opportunity for a bit of encouragement. Last night was an election which brought a new direction to our country. There are so many different things about that “new direction” that may be very contrary to a lot that we believe and hold dear. As I contemplate all that happened, and as I have spoken with other believers today, the resounding theme is 1 Tim.2:1-2, which states, “I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.” No matter what President Elect Obama does or doesn’t do I, and I hope you, will be committed to praying that God would direct him and our country in a way that will please Him, furthering His kingdom. Regardless of differences we may have with this man remember Pr.21:1 - “The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD; He directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases.” That is my prayer, that God would direct this man as He pleases bringing revival to this country. So much is at stake in this crucial point in history and each of us is alive at this time as a part of His grand strategy (Acts 17:26) of redemption, reconciliation and restoration. I know I am committed to living each new day closer to Jesus, more committed to Him and furthering His kingdom, shining brighter than I ever have before, fighting harder than I ever have before and pressing on towards “the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” (Phil.3:14). I just received a newsletter from Ignacio 1st Baptist, Pastor Frank Keen’s Church, and they gave 10 predictions for this year which I think we should all remember. Here they are: 1, the Bible will still have all the answers, 2, prayer will still work, 3, the Holy Spirit will still move, 4, God will still inhabit the praises of His people, 5, there will still be God-anointed preaching, 6, there will still be singing of praise to God, 7, God will still pour out blessings upon His people, 8, there will still be room at the Cross, 9, Jesus will still love you and 10, Jesus will still save the lost. Let’s take a stand, let’s fight this fight to win it and let’s take this country back for Him. Rom.8:28 and 12:21 are as true today as they were yesterday. Do not be dejected, the spiritual battle is raging but victory is at hand; rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS (Phil.4:4) and remember that it is His joy that is our strength (Neh.8:10). 2 Chr.7:14 - “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”


No comments:

Post a Comment