Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Great Forecast - April 11th, 2009

Pr.10:28 - “The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing.” Erin and I read this together last night; what a promise! The prospect of the righteous, what all those who are righteous because of Him and faith in Him (Phil.3:9) have to look forward to, is joy. The weather is terrible outside right now. A soggy mixture of rain and snow accompanied by gusty wind and a drizzly, wet cold. Yesterday was beautiful but we were pretty sure today would be different because this was forecasted days ago. The forecast for all those walking with Christ, regardless of whatever circumstances they will face, is joy! There are no other possibilities. Bill Bright articulated that truth saying, “there are no happy disobedient Christians and there are no unhappy obedient Christians.” In Him, I can be content no matter the situation (Phil4:11) and that authentic joy, developed in me by His Holy Spirit (Gal.5:22-23) is the strength I have in Him (Neh.8:10). In His presence is fulness of joy (Ps.16:11) and in Him my joy is made complete (Jn.15:11); no one and nothing can take His joy from me (Jn.16:22). In Christ, I have joy to look forward to but apart from Him all hope comes to nothing. Now, I daily set my hope fully on His grace and goodness that I can expect as His child (1 Peter 1:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment