Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Eliana - September 26th, 2008

Ps.127:3 - “Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from Him.” Mt.21:16 - “Do you hear what these children are saying?” they asked Him. “Yes,” replied Jesus, “have you never read, “‘From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise’ ?” Mk.10:14 - “When Jesus saw this, He was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.” 1 Jn.3:1 - “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!” Ps.139:13-14 - “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Ps.102:28 - “The children of your servants will live in your presence; their descendants will be established before you.” Those are a few of the verses I was reading and writing about at 6 am the morning Eliana was born, September 13th, 2008. I haven’t been writing on this blog since as life has been turned upside down. I feel like I’m starting to get everything in order, finally, at least enough to begin writing again. The first thing I noticed was that the day before she was born I couldn’t imagine life with her and starting the day she was born I couldn’t imagine life without her. Every day I feel I’m falling more “in love” with this baby girl. She has captured my heart. My sister in law always says having kids is like having your heart walking around outside your body. It feels like that. Nothing is quite the same as it used to be. Priorities are different, perspective has changed, Eliana has put things in a new context. Thank you Father for this precious young girl. Make me the father you want me to be. Make me a father like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment