Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Devoted to Seeking Him (8/12/08)

Before handing the kingdom over to his son Solomon, David commanded the leaders of Israel, in 1 Chr. 22:19 saying, “Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the Lord your God.” 2 Chr.26:5 described the reign of Uzziah saying, “As long as he sought the Lord, God gave him success,” and 2 Chr.31:21 described Hezekiah’s reign with similar words saying, “In everything he undertook…he sought his God and worked wholeheartedly. And so he prospered.” When He is the focus of my attention and pursuits, when He alone becomes my only desire and I seek Him with my whole heart and when, with that heart for God I am faithful with little (Lk.16:10), working at all He calls me to with all my strength, energy and abilities (1 Cor.10:31, Col.3:23), He leads and guides me so that I successfully accomplish all He has called me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment