Tuesday, June 29, 2010

911 - September 11th, 2008

Jn.16:33 - “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” Seven years ago we witnessed a glimpse of the true condition of mankind. Malcolm Muggeridge once said, “The depravity of man is at once the most empirically verifiable reality but at the same time the most intellectually resisted fact.” 911 proved that. Ironically these men thought they were serving God when they perpetrated this calamity (Jn.16:2). In this world chaos is commonplace and peace is peculiar. In Christ we have peace even in the midst of upheaval. He has overcome this world and I, as His son, am now also more than a conquerer (Rom.8:37). I no longer live in the turmoil, anxiety, insecurity, frustration, fear and rage which characterize humanity. Those chains have been broken (Jn.8:36) and I now enjoy the freedom of all believers (Gal.5:1). Today is a day of remembering a tragedy but it is also a reminder of the hope I have in Christ - the only real hope in this degenerate world. Heb.6:19 - “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.”


No comments:

Post a Comment