Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Evangelism Idea #4: Ask About Christmas!

The Christmas evangelism idea for today is so simple. Next time you're in town ask your cashier or clerk wherever you happen to be doing errands, or your server at a restaurant if they celebrate Christmas. If they say no, ask what they celebrate. Last time someone told me no, I asked what they celebrate and the lady said, "Nothing, I was raised a Jehovah's Witness." I asked if she was still practicing and she said, "no." I asked what she thought about spiritual issues and she said something to the effect of, "searching and open." That opened up a conversation about Christ and a continuing opportunity to share (if you need resources for how to answer apologetical questions, in case you find yourself talking to someone like this lady, find them here). If they say they do celebrate Christmas, ask them what they celebrate about Christmas. That might catch them off guard but no matter what it will open up into a natural conversation about the meaning of Christmas - Jesus! I love this idea because it is so simple and it really works. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment